Friday, October 2, 2009

No Polys Allowed

About a month ago, Dentsu Utama imposed a ban on Polystyrene food containers. Anyone seen using Polystyrene will be fined RM2. (I think our VP owes us RM10 :D)

It was a tough habit to scrape off but I think it's working out progressively.

We've purchased 10 plastic containers and left 5 of them at the Mamak downstairs, Alai Restaurant, for any delivery order made from Dentsu Utama. The other 5 was left in the pantry for anyone who wishes to 'tapau' food from other vendors in the vicinity.

Though I must say, educating Alai was a pain in the neck. I think it took then nearly 2 weeks to make sure they get it right. I've explained to them more than 3 times to use those containers instead of Polystyrene boxes when sending food to the office.

Another Green Buddy, Daphne, almost vomitted blood and her guts content telling the mamak guy to never ever ever ever pack her food in a Polystyrene container, otherwise the food will not be allowed to enter Dentsu Utama. And I have a pretty good feeling the mamak guys must be thinking that Dentsu Utama is allergic to Polystyrene.

Well, actually not us, but the earth :)

No comments: