Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What is your carbon footprint?

Very interesting site. It calculates the carbon footprint you're leaving on this planet based on your current lifestyle. Unfortunately, it's only catered to Australians and Americans (sigh) but hopefully, one day they will expand to other continents. Anyway, it was a good exercise for me though. Other than some questions related to living in Australia, the others were pretty generic and can be answered (truthfully) regardless of whichever part of the world you're living in. Here's my result:

Obviously I'm one of the culprits who are leaving a much heavvvvier imprint on Earth than I thought I am. God needs to recreate 3.3 Earths to cater to people like me. Anyway, that aside, what I think is most interesting is the fact that the portal provides a clear understanding of which part of our lifestyle that contributes most to global warming (understanding that different individuals will have a different lifestyle anyway) so that we can tackle it separately, one SECTION at a time. The best part is, it provides opportunity for us to explore other scenarios - if I did this or if I didn't do this - and see how it changes our impact on nature. One SECTION at a time. Pretty cool.

No comments: